It always fascinates me when I meet a woman who says she is not a feminist.
(1) On average women are paid 19% less than men
(2) In the US a man who raped a woman who was HIV positive, contracted the disease himself & went on to try and sue her
(3) 77% of anti-abortion leaders are men.. 100% of them will never be pregnant
(4) In certain cultures, babies and children have their genitals mutilated in order to become more desirable to their future husband
(5) We live in a society that teaches women how to protect themselves against rape rather than teaching people that rape is not acceptable
(6) The focus in court cases of violence/sex crime against women is always ‘what could she have done to prevent it?’
(7) Songs that glorify rape and sexual violence against women still top the charts again and again
(8) In China, female fetuses are aborted because they are seen to be useless to their family
(9) Over summer, many secondary schools told their female students they could not wear certain items of clothing because it distracted the male students
(10) Across the world girls as young as 6 are forced to marry men sometimes 10 times their age or face death at the hands of their family
(11) The media constantly commentate on women’s appearance, not achievements
(12) 85% of victims of sex trafficking are women
(13) Virginity was a concept created by men, who decided their penis’ were so important they changed the fundamental structure of a woman
Is all of that okay with you?
It shouldn’t be.
"Alien? Vampire? Siren?
I am your Queen.”
Heartbreaking Simpsons Moments 1/∞: Bart Gets an F
I never understood why it’s an F if he gets more than half out of 100? Unless it’s more than 100. If you get more than half the answers right how is it an F?
You must not be from America. Here, grading is fucked up.
Average American Grading Scale:
A - 94-96
A- - 90-93
F- 59 and under
And in some places in America it goes by a 7 point scale, so it’d be
A - 100-93
B - 92-85
C - 84-78
D - 77-70
F - 69 and below
Now you understand why American kid’s feel like there’s no point to school. If you have a 100 question text, and get 79 of them correct, that’s a C. That mean’s your Average Intelligence on this particular subject. And it get’s even worse when you have only like… a 10 question quiz. If you get two wrong? that’s a B. 80 fucking %. Now tell me again why American school’s are easier?
No wait but whats the grading system in other countries?
UK Grading Scale
Below 40: F
next time you try to tell americans that we’re stupid
i’m gonna remind you
that our “average” is your “A”
#is that true?
Yep I was shocked when I heard this in a different post but a Google search pulls up a ton of sites backing this up.
Shit son I woulda passed College Algebra with an A in the UK. And I spent the end of the semester in perpetual fear that I would fail and have to retake the class.
And basically as an American you’re expected to get 80 or higher. Technically 70s are considered ‘average’ but there is such a level of pressure to get a B or higher, that Cs have become equal to Ds. Basically anything under 60 you might as well gotten a 0, and anything between 60-80 is considered practically failing. So basically schools have to be designed to make sure majority of students are getting 80s or higher on specific topics, which means you’re spending all your time going over a few choice facts a billion times and there is very little room to teach anything else. Which explains why American schools are of such low quality. The insane demand on the students ends up wrecking their education. Not only do you not have time to teach them anything, but they end up hating learning. Even outside of school your life is dedicated to memorizing these few dumb facts because your homework ends up taking hours of your time. A teacher from one subject says they expect you to spend 2 hours every night on their homework. And if you’re studying 5 subjects and they all demand that 2 hours? Good fucking luck, because if you don’t have straight all 80s or higher you’re not getting into a good college and college degrees have somehow become the minimum requirement for getting jobs.
I spent most of my junior year of high school in a state of constant panic that I was going to get a C in Honors Physics much less fail the class. If I got a C on my report card, I was grounded until the next one. I lost count of the times I’d wake up at five in the morning to take the early bus to go in for zero hour before school actually started for the day
File this under the exact reason so many Americans detest going to school.
I hate the American educational system.
“It might seem crazy that nurses would have a high rate of addiction, considering that we’re more knowledgeable about the horrible effects of drugs than the average person. But that’s the problem: We’re too close to drugs.”
#5. There’s Nothing to Stop You from Stealing Drugs and Needles
My drug of choice was Dilaudid, an opioid analgesic typically given to patients who are allergic to morphine (it also happens to be 7 to 10 times stronger than morphine). At the hospital, we stored it in 2-milligram vials, but since physicians almost never ordered that strong a dose, it was really easy for me to administer a portion of the vial and pocket the rest. How is that possible, when every day kids are yanked off the street for having a single rock of crack cocaine in their pocket?
Well, when you dispose of leftover narcotics, you’re supposed to find another RN to “witness the waste,” meaning you squirt it into a hazardous material bin while they watch. But if you’ve ever been to a hospital, you probably have some idea of how much people care about watching their co-worker throw something away…
last thought i remember thinking was just that it was so… unfair. i was benched before i’d even got to play the game. what was your last thought?
i don’t know. i just remember feeling relief.
I can’t STAND this shit. I’m still awaiting a response.
Royal finger rings from anglo-saxon England belonging to King Ethelwulf and his daughter Queen Ethelswith 828-858 A.D.
Page 1 of 421